Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Out-takes and Post-Christmas Mishaps




These are some shots that didn't make the cut for x-mas cards!

As the holidays make there way around, so does the nasty flu virus. Well, it made its way to the family this year. Usually it's George that ends up with it every Christmas. This year, he was the only one who didn't get it. Go figure! I got it 2 days after x-mas. However, I decided to fight it and was determined to go out and get my hair done. I felt a little queasy in the morning but took some pepto-bismol and went on my merry way. I picked up Tanya, dropped off Tara and we ventured out to Target and then to Rochester to the salon. While at the salon, I started to feel sick again. I warned my hairdresser (a high school friend of mine) and she told me she didn't feel good that morning either. She said she took some advil and felt better. So as I was sitting in the chair getting foils put in, I had to excuse myself to the bathroom. I threw up only a little bit had to take my sweatshirt off because I was so hot. I knew that it wasn't over. You are probably thinking "Why is she telling us this?" Well, it get's better, trust me! I went back to the chair and Brooke continued to highlight my hair. A few minutes later, I had to excuse myself again. This time I made it into the bathroom, shut the door, and the next thing I remember is one of the other hairdressers telling me I had to move because they couldn't get in the door and there was blood on the floor. Apparently, I passed out before I could throw up and ended up hitting my head on the stainless steel garbage can! Nice! So the ambulance was called and I was taken to Crittenton hosptial to get stitched up. We were there for 4 hours while they ran blood tests and hooked me to an IV. I kept telling the nurses and doctor that I had the FLU!! Let me go home! But of course they wanted to make sure nothing else was wrong since I passed out. I think I just got up too fast from the chair trying to avoid making a mess of the salon floor! At least Tanya was there with me to ride the 1/2 mile in the ambulance and wait with me and my open wound until George got there. She's such a trooper! She even watched the doctor stitch me up! There's a true friend! The cut is right through my eyebrow so hopefully there won't be too much scarring. My mom and dad ended up keeping Tara over night so I could at least sleep through the night. We did miss our friend's daughter's princess birthday party. (She and I share a birthday so I hated to miss it) Sorry Rylie! I would have rather been there than where I was!
So needless to say I spent my birthday looking like a cyclopse as George kept calling me. I don't usually like my birthday anyway with it being smack dab in the middle of x-mas and new year's. People always forget or they are so tired from all of the x-mas festivities that they don't want to go out. I get that. I usually am also very tired from all of the running around. But it's still my birthday and I can't change that. I am not saying that my birthday has to be a big deal, it's not like I'm 5 or something, just not forgotten that's all.
With that said, as I get older I begin to care less about what people think and more about people. I have learned what a real friend is and more about how to be one. I appreciate the small things. I love my friends and family. I like my job, my house, my car and the people I work with. I love my husband and all that he is and does for our family. I don't tell him that nearly enough. I love my chatty, adorable daughter. I have many things to be thankful for. As 2008 was a tough year, I hope that 2009 will bring good things. I hope that it brings great things for all of you too! Happy New Year!


Uncle Kyle came home from Tennessee with his GF Amy and they spent some time with us. Tara had a blast playing with Uncle Kyle and adored Amy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Great post. So sorry to hear about your not feeling well. Still sounds like you made the best of it all.

I would be happy to make a tutu for your business. That is where I originally saw them. I love them in photos. Let me know what color you would like and I can make it for you. Then if you know of anyone that wants one, please give them my name and number.

Happy New Year!