Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a difference a year makes!

I was recently informed that I need to blog more (I'll try Jay!) so I hope this will satisfy the hunger!

First an announcement: My very good friend Becky, whom I met at SVSU and roomed with my junior and senior year, just had her first baby! He was born on October 15, 2008 and weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces, 20.5 inches long. He is absolutely perfect! In the very near future I am lucky enough to be doing his newborn pictures and announcements. I can't wait! So far, Tyler John, does nothing but sleep so he should be very good during his pictures! For those of you that don't know, one of my hobbies is taking pictures and creating collages. I recently purchased a backdrop stand and lights so Tyler will be the first to try it out. I have a few backdrops and backgrounds already but I hoping to expand my inventory.


Here he is! Tyler John (TJ)
This is Tara playing on my new backdrop while I assembled the lights.


Now, a look into the past. This is one year ago! Tara and Emmy on a playdate! Emmy is my good friend Jenni's little girl who is about 2 months younger than Tara.
This is last Monday. Tara and Emmy got to spend the whole day together. Cousin "Cocoa" is starting to care for both girls on Mondays. This gives Grandma Noordwier a break and both girls some socialization. They had a great time together and even had more company to play with. Aunt Sarah, Mila, and Audrey came over to play too!



Mila being goofy! Tara, Emmy, and Mila playing outside.



Okay, this wasn't the best comparison picture but it was the best I could do before Daddy told me to stop torturing his little girl! Needless to say, Tara was not up for a retake of this adorable shot I got last year at this time!




Last year. This year. She's ignoring me!


Here are some fall shots I got. The tutu is compliments of my friend at work. Tara wasn't especially up for wearing it but once we got outside she was okay. I didn't get a shot of her smiling because she refused to look at me. Am I mean?? This one here is the only one I got of her looking.



This I just thought was cute.




Yesterday we walked over to Aunt Tanya's house and she raked some leaves up for Tara to play in. Since we don't have any trees in our yard, we don't have any leaves to play in. At first Tara wasn't so sure about it but she eventually warmed up. Thanks Aunt Tanya for letting us play in your leaves!

Did I ever mention how Tara is 100% daddy's girl? Well, lately she hasn't been going to bed as well as she used to. Bedtime around our house used to be great. She would take her bath, brush her teeth, put her pj's on, maybe read some books if she was in the mood, and get her dog and paci and it was lights out. No fussing, no crying, no protesting. The last two nights she has been throwing fits and just wanting to lie with daddy on the couch. I hope that this doesn't become a habit. I think George likes it when she cuddles with him but I would like her going to bed at a decent time.

Well, I think that about does it. Hopefully it won't be too long before I post again. I know I will have pictures of the NKOTB concert next Saturday! Don't act like you didn't like them, if you say you didn't you are lying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post Kim. Glad to see that you took my advice. Cute pictures! - Jay