Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Little Girls Are So Much Fun...

We thought we'd have another one!!!






We couldn't be happier about our newest additon to our family. We welcomed Kali Reese on September 21, 2009 at 10:43 am. She weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 inches long.

The delivery went very well and we were able to come home the following day. Since we have been home Kali sleeps much of the day, only waking to eat and be changed. This gives me time to rest and play with big sister Tara. Tara is handling not being the only child anymore quite well so far. She always wants to know where the baby is and what she is doing. Besides picking her up from her bouncy seat within an hour of us coming home she is very gentle with her and gives her lots of kisses!

Before having Kali, I was honestly afraid I wouldn't love her as much as I did Tara, right away anyway. I have gotten to know and bond with Tara for 2 1/2 years and she is my baby. I was worried that I would always view the new baby as second in line. I was very relieved that the moment I had Kali, I was in love all over again. She is such a good baby and I couldn't be happier that Tara has a sister to grow up with. It's kind of weird but I almost love being a mom of 2 even more than 1. (not that I didn't love being a mom before, I did) I wonder what it would be like with 3....

Recent Tara-isms:

-"Daddy, you're a genious!"

- After explaining to her that we have the same middle name, she replied "That's so cool! Gimme Five!"

-"Mommy can't pick me up. Her belly hurts cuz the baby came out."

-Whenever we tell her she can't have something or tell her no, she always says "I'll do it later then." or "Later I can do it."

-"I am really strong!"

-"I am a very good climber."


















No comments: