Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FYI (I got this from another blog I read and had to post it on mine as well.)

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/121/3/619

Check out this website on car seat safety.

Here is another one that hits a little closer to home. http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/
It's very sad but could have possibly been avoided had he been in a 5-point harness car seat.
Mommy Katie says it a lot better here. http://hoytbabyblog.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
This is where I learned of the information. Where would we be without the Internet people!

Needless to say I think I will be keeping Tara in a 5-point harness as long as I can. Also, since she only weighs 24 pounds I think it will be safer for her anyway.

Catching up with July fun!


Some art projects that Tara enjoys doing.


Here she is painting a birdhouse for Papa Tencza for Father's Day. She really liked purple so I hope the birds do too!

Here she is finger painting. I did a close up of how exactly how dirty she lets herself get!

She is very particular to use one finger at a time and once all 5 fingers have paint on them I have to wash them! She does not like getting dirty at all!

She's a master at polkadots!



Yes, I let her drink from the outside faucet. Come on, we've all done it, if not from the hose too!



She really enjoyed it!
Baby Update:
At my OB office they always do an ultrasound at 17-20 weeks and then again at 32 weeks. At Tara's 32 week ultrasound the doc noticed that her stomach was small compared to her head. What this meant was that the placenta was not working 100% and it was like she was on a diet! Talk about girls starting earlier and earlier with weight issues! Jeez! She explained that our bodies do the same thing when we diet - our stomach shrinks. There is really nothing you can do to prevent it or help it. With Tara I had another ultrasound at 36 weeks and then again 2 days before she was born. In those 2 weeks she had only gained like 6 ounces if I remember correctly. That's only 3 ounces a week where most babies are gaining 8-16 ounces. So because of that history I had an ultrasound with this one at 28 weeks and it was in the 10th percentile for size. My doctor decided to take early precautions and give me steroids to develop the lungs in case the placenta is not fully working and the baby needs to come out early than planned. I also have NST's twice a week and will have ultrasounds bi-weekly to check the fluid and growth. I am hoping to know more after my next ultrasound and doc appointment. My last appt. was kind of crazy and it seemed things were happening so fast I really didn't know what questions to ask. So of course I looked it up on the internet to find out more info. I could have done without that I think! I was finding women who delivered as early as 31 weeks b/c their fluid was low and/or the baby wasn't growing. I will be 31 weeks next week! Yikes! I feel pretty good that I won't be going that early as the fluid wasn't a problem with Tara. I also spoke to the nurse who gave me the steroid injection and her all 3 of her daughter's babies had this placenta problem. They were delivered at 36, 35, and 34 weeks but are all happy and healthy now. She explained how the doctor figures that if they are not being fed inside you then they are better off outside where they can get nourishment. I also hate feeling like I am somehow starving my baby and forcing it to be on a diet! I am the one who could stand to lose a few pounds! I know that it isn't my fault but it's still difficult to feel helpless when it comes to your kids. You mom's know what I am talking about!
All for now-more to come!

2 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Thanks for the update. I saw that you had a NST and US this week but did not understand why. I am sure you are very nervous but have faith and know that the docs are keeping a close eye on you. Tara is just perfect and so will her little sister/brother.

Sadly, read on a few other blogs deaths due to seat belts and have had Carson in a five point harness all along. He is 5 and 50lbs but we got a car seat that will work for him until 65lbs. Just must safer and really no more effort! Thanks for the heads-up.

Hang in there and try to get some rest. We are thinking of you and little baby too!

Tencza Family said...

Which car seat do you have Jay/Emily? I know Britax makes a 5 point harness that big but I would like to see what other brands carry them. Thanks for the encouraging words!